Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1 Timothy 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. NKJV

We're blessed to have a families and we can be a blessing to a family member in their time of need and will be honouring God by doing so.

1 Timothy 5:22 Do not lay hands on anyone hastily, nor share in other people’s sins; keep yourself pure.

We need to keep ourselves pure because then God's light can be reflected most clearly and effectively through us. Christians are in the world but are not to be worldly. Keeping yourself pure presents God with a pure vessel to use to His glory.


Job 1:1
1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil. (KJV)


Job 19:13-19
13 He hath put my brethren far from me, and mine acquaintance are verily estranged from me.
14 My kinsfolk have failed, and my familiar friends have forgotten me.
15 They that dwell in mine house, and my maids, count me for a stranger: I am an alien in their sight...
16 I called my servant, and he gave me no answer; I intreated him with my mouth.
18 Yea, young children despised me; I arose, and they spake against me.
19 All my inward friends abhorred me: and they whom I loved are turned against me. (KJV)


Job 19:21 “Have pity on me, have pity on me, O you my friends, For the hand of God has struck me! NKJV

Many terrible things had happened to Job but the Bible says he was perfect and upright. At this horrible time he was rejected and treated badly when he needed kindness and mercy. Perhaps one reason could have been that people thought he was deserving of what happened to him. This is an important lesson to remember today, because there are many people in difficult situations today who need love and kindness and mercy extended to them in place of ignoring them or judging them.

Psalm 143:6 I spread out my hands to You; My soul longs for You like a thirsty land. Selah... 8 Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You... 10 Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness. NKJV

Proverbs 19:2b And he sins who hastens with his feet.

Sometimes quick turns onto a bad pathways occur. Instead we should pray and keep resisting temptation until we we have victory over the temptation. Staying on the right pathways, shown to us in the Bible, leads to godliness with contentment, which the Bible says is great gain.

Proverbs 19:16 He who keeps the commandment keeps his soul, But he who is careless of his ways will die. NKJV

We should be careful to walk in God's truth. His Word is truth but sin is deceitful.

Proverbs 19:22 What is desired in a man is kindness, And a poor man is better than a liar. NKJV

Proverbs 19:23 The fear of the LORD leads to life, And he who has it will abide in satisfaction; He will not be visited with evil. NKJV

This is such a wonderful thing to remember!

Proverbs 19:27 Cease listening to instruction, my son, And you will stray from the words of knowledge. NKJV

We can gain much knowledge form listening to instruction. Straying from knowledge is foolish.

II Kings 17:1 In the twelfth year of Ahaz king of Judah began Hoshea the son of Elah to reign in Samaria over Israel nine years. 2 And he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, but not as the kings of Israel that were before him... 6 In the ninth year of Hoshea the king of Assyria took Samaria, and carried Israel away into Assyria, and placed them in Halah and in Habor by the river of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes. (KJV)

Just lessening the amount of sin in our lives doesn't please God who wants us to turn from our sin. Even though Hoshea, king of Israel, did less evil than the kings of Israel before him, Israel was still taken into captivity.

Ezekiel 20:7 Then I said to them, ‘Each of you, throw away the abominations which are before his eyes, and do not defile yourselves with the idols of Egypt. I am the LORD your God.’ NKJV

God doesn't want us to be caught up in idols because He has much better things for us. Because of the trouble that exists in the world, sometimes people mistakenly think idols are the answer when God is the answer. Even in many tribulations God is always the answer.

Ezekiel 20:12 Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the LORD who sanctifies them. NKJV

Ezekiel 20:13 ...they did not walk in My statutes; they despised My judgments, ‘which, if a man does, he shall live by them’... NKJV

God's Word supplies us with the answers for the best way to live; sin leads to death.

Ezekiel 20:20 hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the LORD your God.’ NKJV

Ezekiel 20:24 ...and their eyes were fixed on their fathers’ idols. NKJV

If we can keep from having our eyes fixed on idols we can be used by God much more in the growth of His kingdom, which is so worthy of our genuine focus. To have our minds on things above is an awesome thing. Being about our Father's business is such an honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment